Five tips to make your New Year’s Resolutions inevitable
1. Write Things Down: It sounds basic but committing your thoughts to paper stops them from being able to shape-shift and wriggle away.
2. Break Down Your Goals: Breaking down your goals into small, manageable tasks can still feel easy to get overwhelmed. The easiest trick to navigate your way through this is to make the tasks as small as possible. Begin from the position of the goal as if it is achieved and then work backwards all the way until today. This will make it easier to track your progress and make it more likely that you will be able to picture the path to reach your goals.
3. Set Deadlines: Set deadlines for yourself which are not crammed with hectic pressure but deadlines which include rest and self-compassion. This way, building your dreams will be part of the reward system, rather than just piling more things onto your to-do list.
4. Get Support: It’s important to have the support of family and friends when it comes to achieving any big goals. Having someone to talk to and encourage you will make the journey easier. You would be welcome to join us at SelfCareSchool to encourage, strategise, and navigate the obstacles together.
5. Celebrate Your Successes: Celebrating your successes along the way is a great way to motivate yourself and stay on track. This will also help you stay focused and keep reminding you why you are putting the work in.
I would love to be able to support you to make 2023 a year to cement your dreams and lay the foundations for your future self.
We begin January 1st, but if you sign up now, you will get the 2022 reflections welcome workbook to begin looking at what we have learnt, what we want to leave behind and what we want to build upon.